The Committee on Volunteerism advises the Commission on volunteerism issues. The Committee is responsible for the implementation of the Oregon State Service Plan and the Oregon State Service Plan for Adult 50+. The Committee works to promote service and volunteerism statewide by developing programs and training to strengthen volunteer management capacity throughout the state.
Oregon State Service Plan Overall Goal:More Oregon residents are mobilized to meet local needs identified by communities.
Oregon State Service Plan Priority Areas:
1. Recognition of volunteerism throughout Oregon.-GOAL: Governor's Volunteer Awards are presented annually.
2. Provide training and technical assistance to those who engage volunteers statewide.-GOAL: Create and coordinate the Volunteer Management Training Certification Program.
3. Publicity and promotion of volunteer engagement opportunities.-GOAL: Engage Oregonians in National Days of Service and Learning opportunities.
- Oregon Committee on Volunteerism
- Volunteer Program in Oregon Fact Sheet
- 2009-2012 Oregon State Service Plan
- Oregon State Service Plan for Adult 50+