Resources and Research for Volunteer Managers
Volunteer Management Trainings
The Volunteer Management Trainer Certification Program offers advanced volunteer managers an opportunity to participate in a train the trainer event and to utilize the Betty Stalling 55 minute trainings to to offer trainings throughout Oregon.
Volunteer Management Resources
- Volunteer Management Advocacy Kit: This brand new advocacy kit was developed to better empower Oregon volunteer managers to advocate for their profession and serve as a one-stop-shop for excellent resources.
- Cost-conscious ways to recognize volunteers: Find ways to recognize your volunteers with little or no cost, including an Oregon-specific idea and web-specific section.
- Days of Service and Learning: How to plan projects or incorporate learning into your day of service.
- Governor's Volunteer Awards: Nominate an outstanding volunteer or group
- Recommended Guidelines for Conducting Background Checks
Oregon Data on Volunteerism
General Data and Research on Volunteerism
- Volunteering and Civic Life in America Report: A comprehensive website with information on volunteerism and civic engagement by the Corporation for National and Community Service
- Volunteering in America Report:
- Connecting and Giving: A Report by the AARP on How Mid-life and Older Americans Spend Their Time, Make Connections and Build Communities, January 2010
- NY Association for Volunteer Administrators 2009 Salary Survey: A Summary of Findings, Presented by Diana Kyrwood, CVA, MA, President of NYAVA, October 22, 2009
- The New Volunteer Workforce: A report by the Standard Social Innovation review: David Eisner, Robert T. Grimm, Jr., Shannon Maynard & Susannah Washburn, Winter 2009
- Idealist's Volunteer Management Resource Center: Includes best practices, support networks and resources
- CNCS Resource Center: Tools and trainings for volunteer and service programs.
- Alliance 4 Public Service: This site includes published works, videos, career information, law and policies, news, and more on public service
- Energize Inc.
- VolunteerMatch for Nonprofits: Learning center, resources, stories of volunteers, blog, and more
- Independent Sector: Independent Sector is the leadership forum for charities, foundations, and corporate giving programs, committed to advancing the common good in America and around the world
- HandsOn Network: HandsOn Network inspires, equips and mobilizes people to take action that changes the world through a network of more than 250 HandsOn Action Centers
- National Service Resources: The Resource Center, administered by ETR Associates, is the knowledge management, training, and technical assistance provider to the Corporation for National and Community Service. It is the best source for connecting service programs with targeted training and information
- Network For Good: Network for Good makes it easy to donate and volunteer online, keeping it simple and affordable for nonprofits of any size to recruit donors and volunteers via the Internet
- Points of Light Institute: Points of Light Institute includes three business units—HandsOn Network, MissionFish, and Civic Incubator. Their mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world
- Serve.gov: Comprehensive clearinghouse of volunteer opportunities and online resources
- ServiceLeader: Serviceleader.org offers specialized resources for volunteers, leaders and managers of volunteers, and instructors and thought leaders
- Tech Soup: This website offers nonprofits a one-stop resource for technology needs by providing free information, resources, and support
- The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement
- Institute for Volunteering Research
- World Volunteer Web
- e-Volunteerism Online Journal