Oregon Volunteers promotes the creation of inclusive service environments that attract and retain committed individuals. True inclusion is more than ensuring an accessible building or creating large print documents. There are steps that can be taken to ensure a respectful, supportive and equalizing service environment.
Oregon Volunteers works to provide reasonable accommodations to national service members and supports activities related to increasing the placement of individuals with disabilities in AmeriCorps*State & National, Senior Corps, and Learn & Serve programs.
Oregon Volunteers is also pleased to be part of the Oregon Inclusive Volunteerism Collaborative, which brings together representatives of disability organizations, national service programs, volunteer centers, and the business community.
- Are you interested in becoming an AmeriCorps member?
- Are you looking for volunteer opportunities in your area?
- Are you interested in tips on how to make your program or service environment inclusive?
- Are you interested in downloadable documents about disability inclusion?
- National Service Inclusion Project
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Job Accommodation Network (Reasonable Accommodation Solutions)
- Disaster Preparedness for People with Disabilities
Oregon Volunteers Accessible Service Newsletters
- September 2011: Understanding the HEART Act and SSI and SSDI
- August 2011: The National Service Resource Center's Inclusion Resources
- July 2011: Planning Accessible Conferences and Meetings
- June 2011: Inclusive Recruitment and Outreach
- May 2011: The Interactive Process
- April 2011: Understanding Hidden Disabilities
- March 2011: Encouraging Disclosure
- February 2011: Elements of an Inclusive Service Description
- August 2010: Inclusion Training for AmeriCorps Members
- July 2010: Preparing for Disaster
- June 2010: Americans with Disabilities Act
- May 2010: Inclusive Outdoor Service Projects
- March/April 2010: Inclusive Recruitment, Accommodation Policies
- January/February 2010: Progress Towards Inclusion, Global Youth Service Day
- December 2009: Inclusion Success Stories
- November 2009: Statewide Inclusion Teams, When a Member Discloses
- October 2009: The Hidden Disability, AmeriCorps Inclusion Spotlight
For more information, contact the Disability Inclusion Coordinator, Tim Foley, at [email protected].